Fuente Latina (FL) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that removes geographic, cultural and linguistic barriers for global Spanish language media and influencers covering stories about Israel and the Mideast.
By educating and empowering Spanish-speaking journalists to cover Israel and the Jewish world accurately, FL breaks down stereotypes and increases positive perceptions.
Our mission is to increase U.S. Hispanic and Latin American awareness and understanding of Israel and the Middle East by ensuring that global Spanish language media have the facts they need – before and when the news stories break.
FL was established in 2012 out of demand for information in Spanish about Israel and the Middle East stemming from events ranging from Operation Pillar of Defense, Syria’s civil war to Iran’s nuclear program.
Headquartered in Miami, with offices in Jerusalem, Madrid and Los Angeles (early 2018), FL is the only organization of its kind engaging international Latino media in their language and in real time.
Fuente Latina Services
In just five years, Fuente Latina has facilitated wide coverage of Israel and the region with top global Spanish media: 2,300+ interviews yielding 30,000+ stories; conducted 100+ helicopter tours; 30 press missions for 200 journalists; and authored over 100 op-eds.
Missions to Israel – FL organizes missions to Israel for Hispanic journalists and influencers from Spain, the U.S. and Latin America. FL has brought more than 200 journalists to Israel in just four years.
Daily Media Support – FL assists journalists in a variety of ways to increase the breadth and depth of news coverage:
- Media packages and content: factsheets, translations, press kits, multimedia material (video, images, audio);
- Skype and telephone interviews with officials, experts and others as news stories break;
- News story recommendations and pitches;
- Newsmaker (politicians, leaders, notable figures) press events;
- International media tours with newsmakers; and
- One-on-one in-studio interviews with newsworthy personalities from Israel, Spain, Latin America and the U.S.
Media Production in Israel – Our production team in Israel can help with photographers, videographers, location shoots, on-camera interviews, and other logistical reporting needs. FL has produced radio, TV, and print stories for more than 100 journalists reporting on Mideast related stories from Spain, the U.S. and Latin America.
Helicopter & Ground Tours in Israel – FL provides aerial and ground tours for media and newsmakers to get a bird’s- eye view of Israel’s security challenges. FL hosts aerial tours for a wide range of Hispanic trendsetters and leaders, among which include Latino comedian George Lopez and the Vice President and Foreign Minister of Panama.
Partner Programs: FL partners with community-based organizations in each of our markets, as well as those national in scope.
In 2018, FL will be operating a Media Training Program in our Miami office, sponsored in part by the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. Contact FL’s Miami Outreach Director to sign up.
For more information or questions about a program or service, please contact our team.
Fuente Latina’s work is possible thanks to the generous support of our many donors, including:
MZ Foundation, The Moses Feldman Family Foundation, Feldman Foundation TX, Feldman Foundation CA, The Michael and Andrea Leven Family Foundation, The Goodman Family Supporting Foundation, The Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation, The Norman Braman Philanthropic Fund, The Natan Fund, The Herbert Bearman Foundation, Jack Chester Foundation, and many others.
Fuente Latina Leadership
Executive Board Members:
Mr. Fred Siegman, Chair
CEO, Siegman Consulting Services, Chicago, IL
Ms. Leah Soibel, Secretary
President and Founder/CEO, Fuente Latina, Israel
Ms. Claudia Dornbusch, Treasurer
Co-Owner/Founder/Director of Client Services, Facilitador, Miami, FL
Ms. Angela M. Epstein
Partner & General Manager, PDI Latin America, Hartford, CT
Ms. Joscelyn Krauss Litvak
Self Employed Artist, New York, NY
Miami Advisory Board (MAB) Members – The MAB is comprised of local Miami leaders who provide strategy, direction and resources. Each bring different backgrounds and industry experiences; they are involved in the community and have a passion for Fuente Latina’s vision and mission.
- Mr. Pablo Goldstein – MAB Chair – Originally from Argentina, Pablo is the Founder/CEO of Unified Video Technologies (UNIV).
- Ms. Johana Abraham – Of Cuban decent, Johana is President of 1039 designers.
- Mr. Yoav Cohen – Originally from Israel, Yoav is owner of La Voz Media Group, a Spanish language media conglomerate.
- Ms. Evelyn Faigenblat – Originally from Colombia, Evelyn is a WIZO Florida Chapter Board member and independent fundraising professional.
- Mr. Ruben Iberkleid – Originally from Bolivia, Ruben is co-owner of SoBe Foods an international food distribution company.
- Mr. Amiel Moskona – Originally from Venezuela, Amiel is a private jet broker with Aerocraft International, Inc.
- Mr. Alvaro Psevosnik – Originally from Argentina, Alvaro is owner of Disart Media and founding member of Latin-Jewish Business Connections.
- Mr. Harry Woldenberg – Originally from Mexico, Harry is Founder and CEO of Postermedia.
- Ms. Rosita Zelcer – Originally from Cuba, Rosita is former President of Templa Menorah in Miami Beach.